R-1000: 48-Track Recorder/Player
Dedicated 48-Track Audio Recorder and Player
The R-1000 is an intuitive stand alone, dedicated recorder/player designed to work with the V-Mixing System in any live event or production. You can also connect and use the R-1000 with any digital console that has MADI output capabilities by using the Roland S-MADI REAC MADI Bridge.
The R-1000 is based on REAC (Roland Ethernet Audio Communication) and eliminates the bulk and noise susceptibility typically associated with analog snakes and replaces it with Cat5e/6 (Ethernet/LAN) cable.
- Records in Standard Broadcast WAV Format
- Records up to 48 tracks of 24-bit audio in BWF format
- Removable Hard disk drive ensures smooth integration with DAWs
- Approximately 20 hours recording (44.1/48 kHz) using 500GB HDD
- Stable and reliable capturing live audio
- Multitrack Playback for a Variety of Applications
- Plays up to 48 tracks of 24-bit audio via REAC
- Data can be loaded from external devices
- Marker function enables playback at any designated point
- Analog monitor output and a headphone output
- Flexible Enough to Fit into any Configuration
- Connect with any V-Mixer and control directly from the console
- Connect with any REAC Digital Snake product
- Versatile feature set including video sync, timecode, GPI and RS-232C
- USB ports for backing up data and connecting PC for further software control
- Use with any MADI equipped console in combination with optional S-MADI
- Ideal for Virtual Sound Checks, Rehearsals, Playback and Training
- Connect the R-1000 inline between V-Mixer and Digital Snake for selectable playback or record
- Channels can be set to "pass thru" live from the digital snake inputs, record live input or playback from recorder
- Run a complete sound check to tune the room in a new venue with no need for musicians to come early
- Select the musicians (channels) missing from a rehearsal and continue anyway
- Select all or group of channels for selective audio engineering training
R-1000 wins readers choice award from ProSound Web for best recording hardware 2012.
Read what Pro Sound Web says about the advantages of virtual sound checks. Church Sound: "Shortening The Digital Learning Curve: Thoughts on virtual sound checks." by Mike Sessler, Editor-In-Chief, Pro Sound Web.
More InfoLive Recording System (REAC)
This live recording system uses the REAC port of the V-Mixer (SPLIT/BACKUP) connected to the REAC port (TO MASTER) of the R-1000. Up to 40 channels of 24-bit audio from the V-Mixer is recorded to the R-1000 and once finished can be opened in any DAW software such as Cakewalk SONAR/V-STUDIO by accessing the HDD.
Recording and Backing Track/Sound Check/Rehearsal System
The R-1000 can be used as a 48Ch multi-track recording system for live concerts and productions. Utilizing the benefit of bi-directional audio with REAC, the R-1000 can be connected between the V-Mixer and the Digital Snake for selective playback, virtual sound checks, rehearsals and training exercises. Simply set a channel to be live (no record), live (record), playback (from recorder).
Live Recording/Playback System (MADI)
Enjoy a 40-channel live recording/playback system with any MADI-equipped digital console by using the S-MADI Bridge with the R-1000. Use two S-MADI units to record/playback up to 48 channels.
Live Recording and Digital Snake System
This system enables both a high quality digital snake setup and a live recording rig. This configuration includes
64 high-quality input channels and 16 returns/outputs and the ability to capture upto 48 tracks chosen from
that collection of 80 total paths. Control of phantom power, preamp gain is via the connected laptop and the
remote control software (Windows or Mac).
Large Event Mixing and Recording
96 channels of mixing with compatibility with over 20 other REAC components including digital snakes, personal mixing, multi-channel recording/playback and MADI bridge.
For your convenience we have provided 2 different Track Sheet options.
- 48 maximum (44.1 / 48.0 kHz)
24 maximum (96.0 kHz)
- DA Conversion
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz / 48.0 kHz / 96.0 kHz
Signal Processing: 24 bits
- Data type
- BWF (Broadcast Wave Format)
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz / 48.0 kHz / 96.0 kHz
Bit Depth: 24 bits
- Removable hard disk, Removable SSD
- USB connector (EXTERNAL STORAGE): USB type A (Supports mass storage)*
USB connector (PC): USB type B (Support USB-MDI)
MONITOR OUT jacks (1, 2): XLR-3-32 type (balanced)++
PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
REAC ports (A, B, C, D) : RJ-45 EtherCon type
RS-232C connector: 9-pin D-sub type
MIDI connectors (IN, OUT/THRU): 5-pin DIN type
VIDEO SYNC (BLACK BURST) jacks (IN/THRU): BNC type
WORD CLOCK jacks (IN/THRU): BNC type
SMPTE (LTC) IN jack : BNC type
AC INPUT connector
* External hard drive must be able to be powered by internal USB port (max 5W). If drive requires more power (which larger capacity drives do), then use a USB fork cable that can provide additional power via AC.
++ XLR type: 1 GND, 2 HOT, 3: COLD
- 320 x 240 dots backlit TFT color touch screen
- Power Supply
- AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Size and Weight
- 482 mm (19 inches)
- 384 mm (15-1/8 inches)
- 133 mm (5-1/4 inches)
- 7.3 kg (16 lbs. 2 oz.)
- R-1000 RCS Version 1.003 for Mac OS X
- R-1000 RCS Version 1.003 for Windows
- V-Mixer Driver Version 1.0.0 for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- V-Mixer Driver Version 1.0.0 for Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- V-Mixer Driver Version 1.0.0 for Mac OS X (pre 10.8)
- USB driver for M-480/R-1000/M-200i on Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.7.
- V-Mixer Driver Version 1.01 for Windows 8 and 8.1
- V-Mixer Driver Version 1.00 for Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- USB Drivers for the M-480 / M-200i / R-1000 on Windows 7 / Vista / XP
- R-1000 System Update Version 1.102
- R-1000 Images
If you have a question about operating your product R-1000, please contact our Product Support department by phone or email.Support Documents
- R-1000 Remote Control Reference
- R-1000 Dimensions DXF
- R-1000 Track Assignment Sheet A
- R-1000 Track Assignment Sheet B
- R-1000 Manual
- R-1000 Manual Complete
- Includes the manual plus erratas and addendums in one combined PDF.
- R-1000 Owner's Manual Errata
- R-1000 Owner's Manual Errata 2
- R-1000 Caution on the Storage
- R-1000 Version 1.1 Addendum
- R-1000 Version 1.101 Addendum
- R-1000 Version 1.102 Addendum
- R-1000 RS-232C Reference
- R-1000 Application Guide
- R-1000 Brochure
- V-Mixing System Brochure