S-4000M: REAC Merge Unit
Enable new Digital Snake possibilities by merging up to four REAC devices
- Merge up to 4 REAC devices into a single REAC stream
- Power REAC devices supporting embedded power
- Assign channels automatically with auto map function
- Patch input and output assignments using PC software or the M-400 / M-380 V-Mixer
- Automatically assign input channels using the Auto Map feature
Merge up to four REAC devices together.
The S-4000M merges up to four Digital Snake heads, such as the S-0808, S-1608 and S-4000, and merges the input/ouput to a single REAC signal. Ports 1 to 4 supply REAC embedded power to compatible product such a s the S-0808. The intelligent Auto Map function assigns input channels automatically. REAC master devices recognize the S-4000M as a single REAC slave unit even when multiple digital snake heads are connected.
Distribute outputs to multiple devices.
The S-4000M also serves as a distributor of outputs and/or splitter. Any inputs returning from Port 1 (Master) are distributed to the outputs depending on the devices connected. When S-0808 sare connected, specific output assignments can be set.
Easily distribute multiple I/O units for more flexible system configurations.
This system allows I/O to be placed in 4 separate locations using S-0808s. The signals from the 4 units are merged by the S-4000M as it travels to the S-4000H breakout location. Power to each of the S-0808s is supplied by the embedded power over REAC in the S-4000M.
This system enables a variety of digital snakes to be used in an installation where many inputs or outputs may be required around a venue. Using the routing ability within the S-4000M, assign or patch to any input - all controlled via the V-Mixer.
- S-4000M Specifications
- REAC (RJ-45 EtherCon type) x 1
REAC EMBEDDED POWER (RJ-45 EtherCon type) x 4
REMOTE (RS-232C, DB-9 type) x 1
- REAC EMBEDDED POWER: Red x 4
LINK: Green x 5
POWER: Blue x 1
AUTO MAP SLAVE UNITS: Red x 1
- POWER x 1, MODE x 1, AUTO MAP SLAVE UNITS x 1
- Power Supply
- AC 115 V, AC 117 V, AC 220 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption
- 1.6A/AC 115 V/AC 117V
0.9A/AC 220 V/AC 230 V/240 V
(At max output of REAC EMBEDDED POWER)
- Accessories (Included)
- Power Cord x 1, REAC Connector Cover x 5, Ferrite Core x 5, Rubber Foot x 4
Fastening Screw x 4, Owner's Manual x 1
- Size and Weight
- 218 mm
- 8-5/8 inches
- 356 mm
- 14-1/16 inches
- 87 mm
- 3-7/16 inches
- 3.0 kg
- 6 lbs. 10 oz.
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
Oprah’s Lifeclass Production
Harpo Studios drew from their Roland (S-4000S, S-0808, S-0816 and S-1608) digital snakes, along with the S-4000M REAC Merge Unit and S-MADI REAC MADI bridge, for Oprah’s Lifeclass. Click for Details
If you have a question about operating your product S-4000M, please contact our Product Support department by phone or email.Support Documents