M-48: Live Personal Mixer
The breakthrough personal mixing & monitoring solution
The M-48 enables control of up to 40 audio channels via 16 stereo groups. No longer do you have to share the same sources and in the same order as everyone else. Each musician can choose what he or she wants to listen to - a truly personal mix.
Professional Sound Control and Quality
Sweeten your monitor mix to your exact preferences with volume, pan, 3-band EQ and built-in reverb per group ?all instantly adjustable by convenient encoder knobs. A limiter is incorporated for protecting your ears from sudden and dangerous volume spikes. Based on REAC, the all-digital connection results in a low noise floor, improved musicality and crystal clear sound.
The LED indicators on the control knobs enable instant adjustment and visual confirmation at a glance, even on a dark stage. The built-in ambient mic aids in communicating with other musicians without have to remove your ear-buds or headphones as well as enabling a stage/room feel if desired. The AUX Input allows a metronome or other device to be mixed into the primary sound.
Our newly developed "REAC Embedded Power" (via the S-4000D) transfers both power and 40 channels of audio to the M-48 via a single CAT5e cable ?dramatically simplifying wiring and stage layouts. Mini jack and 1/4 inch phone jack headphone outputs are provided. Balanced TRS line outputs support wedge or other types of powered monitors. An independent stereo output mini jack enables recording with superb sound quality.
Awards & Reviews
| PSW Reader's Choice Awards 2014. Best In-Ear Monitoring System
Worship Leader (Best of the Best 2012)
|John McJunkin of Church Production Magazine reviews the M-48 Personal Mixing System. He writes, "Roland Systems Group should be applauded. This is a high value, feature-rich product that should get the notice of its competitors...." Read the complete article...|
|The Personal Mixing System won a "Best Audio Product" award for Best in-ear Monitoring System at WFX 2009.|
|The Personal Mixing System has been nominated for the 2009 TEC Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement in the "Small Format Console Technology" category.|
A Complete Digital Mixing System with any V-Mixer
With any V-Mixer Live Mixing Console you can setup, maintain and control 40 channels of monitor output to each M-48 connected to the system. All V-Mixers are equipped with the remote management software, memory recall, etc. providing a simple and flexible setup.
Control the volume, pan and EQ of all channels.
Channel assignment for up to 16 stereo groups is set using a simple matrix.
Connect to an existing Analog/Digital Console
With an existing console, connect the M-48 along with the S-1608 (16 channel) or the S-4000S (40 channel) Digital Snake to utilize the complete system. For a digital consoles, use the S-MADI REAC MADI Bridge to maintain the digital connection between the console and the M-48s. The next generation of digital monitoring can be incorporated along with your existing mixing system.
* Refer to the system configuration examples in the next tab.
Setup and Manage the M-48 on your PC
M-48's can be setup and controlled on your PC when using with an existing console. Simply connect to the serial port on the S-1608/S-4000S series Digital Snakes or S-MADI.
Included Mounting Plate
The M-48 can be attached to the top of a microphone stand by using the bundled mounting bracket. The mounting bracket is also designed with a removeable headphone hanger and accessory tray for your pencil or portable recorder. The optional APC-33 mounting bracket can be used when you need to mount the M-48 to the middle of a music or mic stand.
S-4000D - The REAC Splitter Equipped with Embedded Power
"REAC Embedded Power" is unique Roland technology that enables the transfer of not only the digital audio signal but also the power required by the connected device - all via one CAT5e cable. The S-4000D Splitter and Power Distributor is equipped with 10 REAC ports including 8 ports of REAC Embedded Power. The S-4000D can automatically detect and distinguish a product not supporting REAC Embedded Power. In this case, power is not provided allowing the S-4000D to also function as a standard splitter when required. The S-4000D is required to use the M-48s.
Note: The M-48 accessories listed below are not available through Roland Systems Group and are provided for informational purposes only. Please contact the respective manufacture for ordering details.
TPE-113GI Power over Ethernet (PoE) Injector
This injector combines electrical power with a REAC data signal to produce a Power over Ethernet (PoE) signal. Ideal when you need to power a single M-48 Personal Mixer.
TPE-115GI Power over Ethernet (PoE) Injector
This injector combines electrical power with a REAC data signal to produce a Power over Ethernet (PoE) signal. Ideal when you need to power a single S-0808 Digital Snake head or an M-48 Personal Mixer.
M-48 Labeling Template
Use this PDF label template to print labels for your M-48 units onto standard 8.5"x11" sticker or magnetic laser/inkjet paper. One page contains enough for three units.
- M-48 Personal Live Mixer Specs
- Number of Input Channels: 43 (40 in, 1 Stereo AUX in, 1 AMBIENT MIC in)
- Number of Output Channels: 4 (1 Stereo LINE out, 1 Stereo PHONES out)
- AD/DA Conversion: Sample Rate: 96.0kHz or 48.0 kHz or 44.1 kHz
- Signal Processing: 24 bits * The sampling frequency of M-48 to be set automatically according to it of the REAC Master device.
- Frequency Response: PHONES jack (1,2): -4 dB / +0 dB (40 ohms load, PHONES ATT max, 150 mW)
- LINE OUT L/R jacks: -2 dB / +0 dB (20k ohms load, -6 dBu)* Sample Rate: 96.0 kHz * Input: S-1608 Input (Input sens: +4 dBu, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Residual Noise Level (PHONES ATT: Center, IHF-A, typ.):
-88 dBu (All Knobs: Min)-87 dBu (PHONES Vol: Unity, AUX IN Vol: Max, Group control knob 1 to 16: Min)
-86 dBu (PHONES Vol: Unity, AUX IN Vol: Min, Group control knob 1 to 16: Unity)
-72 dBu (PHONES Vol: Max, AUX IN Vol: Max, Group control knob 1 to 16: Max)
* Input 150 ohms terminate * Output Connector: PHONES jack * Sample Rate: 96.0 kHz * S-1608 Input Sens: +4 dBu
- Nominal Input Level: AUX IN L/R jack: -16 dBu (Vol: Max)
- Input Impedance: AUX IN L/R jack: 10 K ohms
- Non Clip Maximum Input level: AUX IN L/R jack: +2 dBu
- Nominal Output Level:
LINE OUT L/R jacks: -6 dBu (LINE OUT Vol: Unity, Load impedance: 10 k ohms)
LINE OUT REC L/R jack: -12 dBu (LINE OUT Vol: Unity, Load impedance: 10 k ohms)
- Output Impedance: PHONES jacks (1, 2): 10 ohms
LINE OUT L/R jacks: 600 ohms
LINE OUT REC L/R jack: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: PHONES jacks (1, 2): 16 ohms or greater (Composition impedance of 1 and 2)
LINE OUT L/R jacks: 10 k ohms or greater
LINE OUT REC L/R jack: 10 k ohms or greater
- Non Clip Maximum Output level: PHONES jacks (1, 2): 250 mW + 250 mW (1 or 2, 1 kHz, 40 ohms load)
LINE OUT L/R jacks: +12 dBu (1 kHz, 10 k ohms load)
LINE OUT REC L/R jack: +6 dBu (1 kHz, 10 k ohms load)
- Connectors: REAC port: RJ-45 EtherCon type
AUX IN L/R jack: Stereo miniature phone type
LINE OUT L/R jacks: 1/4 inch TRS phone type
LINE OUT REC L/R jack: Stereo miniature phone type
PHONES jacks: Stereo miniature phone type and Stereo 1/4 inch phone type
- Power Supply: DC +48 V (It is supplied by S-4000D.)
- Power Consumption: 13 W
- Size & Weight
- Dimensions: 297.0 (W) x 171.0 (D) x 67.0 (H) mm
11-3/4 (W) x 6-3/4 (D) x 2-11/16 (H) inches
- Weight: 1.5kg / 3 lbs 5 oz (M-48)
- 0.6kg / 1 lb 6 oz (Mounting bracket and bracket tray)
- Operation Temperature: 0 to +40 degrees Celsius
- +32 to +104 degrees Fahrenheit
- Accessories (included): Mounting bracket/bracket tray x 1, Mounting bracket attachment kit (Wing nut: for 3/8 inch screw x 1, Washers: for 3/8 inch screw x 2, Nut: for 5/8 inch screw x 1, Rubber washer x 1, Screws for fastening the M-48 x 2), Screws for attaching the APC-33 all purpose clamp x 4, Ferrite core x 1, REAC connector cover x 1, Owner’s Manual
- Options: Live mixing console:
M-400, Stage unit: S-1608, Stage unit: S-4000S, FOH unit: S-0816, FOH unit: S-4000H, Splitter & power distributor: S-4000D, Cat5e Ethernet crossover cable with Neutrik® EtherCon® plug: SC-W20F (20 m), Cat5e Ethernet crossover cable with Neutrik® EtherCon® plug: SC-W100S (100 m), Cat5e Ethernet crossover cable with Neutrik® EtherCon® plug and reel: W100S-R (100 m), In-Ear monitor: RH-PM5, All purpose clamp: APC-33
|Drew Bodine Band on the M-48 Personal Mixer||
Covenant Family's Worship Center
A fully integrated V-Mixing System with M-48 Personal Mixing is a perfect, easy-to-use solution for Family Covenant Ministries. Click for Details
Gateway Church Installs M-380 and Personal Mixing
The Harkins Theater is overflow seating for Gateway Church who recently installed the M-380 V-Mixer and M-48 live personal mixers purchased from a local reseller in Grand Prairie, TX. Click for Details
If you have a question about operating your product M-48, please contact our Product Support department by phone or email.Support Documents
- M-48 Block Diagram
- M-48 Dimensions DXF
- M-48 Labeling Template
- Use this PDF label template to print labels for your M-48 units onto standard 8.5"x11" sticker or magnetic laser/inkjet paper. One page contains enough for three units.
- M-48 Owner's Manual
- M-48 Version 1.002 – Manual Addendum
- S-4000RCS Owner's Manual
- M-48 Brochure
- V-Mixing System Brochure
- Setting up the Personal Mixing System (M-48)